Sales of Businesses to Outsiders
An entrepreneur must create a business that thrives without them.
Many entrepreneurs start their business with the intention of later selling it for enough money that will fund their desired lifestyle without working for the rest of their lives. But most businesses don’t sell themselves and the sale can blow up in their faces. You as the advisor must play a key role in preparing the business for sale and representing the seller through the sale process and after.
Key Learning objectives:
- How to tell if a business is sellable.
- How to decide what the price should be.
- How to increase the potential price.
- How to reduce taxes on sale.
- What is the process for the private sale of a business?
- What due diligence is necessary to prepare the business for sale.
- Representing the owner in contract negotiations, the due diligence period and closing.
- Protecting the owner post-closing.
Presented by: Roger J. McClure
CLE: 1.0 general credit
Approved States: AR, CA, CO, GA, IL, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, TN, UT, VT
(AK, AZ, CT, MO, ND, NH, TX eligible to claim credit)
We will supply you with the information needed to apply in other states.
Contact email@example.com for CLE assistance.
WealthCounsel members: This CLE eligible program is complimentary for WealthCounsel members. Please access and view it here via the member website for optimal experience and inclusion in your Member Profile.