LAST UPDATED: September 19, 2017
Changes to This Policy
Information You Provide To Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register with any of the WealthCounsel Services for an account, use the MarketPlace, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the WealthCounsel Services (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of the WealthCounsel Services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, communicate with us via third-party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect directly from you may include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. We also store the files and other information that you upload or provide to the WealthCounsel Services ("Content") in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the WealthCounsel Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the WealthCounsel Services.
When you access or use the WealthCounsel Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including the following:
Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the WealthCounsel Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the pages you visit, the names and number of occurrences of interviews you run, general design choices you make, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, and download, or access while using the WealthCounsel Services, the Content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the WealthCounsel Services.
Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the WealthCounsel Services including your internet protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, internet service provider ("ISP"), the pages that you visit, the Content you use and the uniform resource locator of the webpage you visited before navigating to the WealthCounsel Services.
Device Information: If you access the WealthCounsel Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type).
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the WealthCounsel Services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, potentially allow you to access and use the WealthCounsel Services without re-entering your member or user identification and/or password, understand which areas and features of the WealthCounsel Services are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as tracking pixels). Web beacons are electronic images (also called gifs) that may be used in the WealthCounsel Services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see Your Choices below.
Client Specific Information: We store client specific information in strict compliance with our security policy but we DO NOT monitor or use that information for any purpose. Client specific information is stored solely for the purpose of making it available to you as a part of your use of the WealthCounsel Services.
Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the WealthCounsel Services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the social media service.
Use of Information.
We may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and improve the WealthCounsel Services;
- Enable you to access and use the WealthCounsel Services, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on, and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events, and provide other news or information about WealthCounsel Services, and our select partners;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the WealthCounsel Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the WealthCounsel Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the WealthCounsel Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the WealthCounsel Services;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you, including through a notification using WealthCounsel Services.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third parties, including third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers, who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the WealthCounsel Services, (d) to protect WealthCounsel Services, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
- MarketPlace Providers: To the extent required under any agreements we have with third party providers, we may share any or all information we collect about you with one or more third parties, including providers of services to the MarketPlace. Such third parties may use and transmit such information to and share it with third parties that may be located in other countries in order to provide services to users of the MarketPlace, including but not limited to transaction processing and fraud prevention.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from WealthCounsel by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the WealthCounsel Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the WealthCounsel Services.
California Residents. Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with WealthCounsel may choose to opt out of WealthCounsel’s disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval email email@example.com
Social Media Features and Widgets
WealthCounsel Services offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the WealthCounsel Services. When you click on a link to a third party website from WealthCounsel Services, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of WealthCounsel. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
© 2013 - 2017 WealthCounsel