Estate Planning, Ethics and How Remote Work and Technology Add a New Layer
This presentation explores practical ethical issues that may occur throughout the estate planning process, with a focus on issues related to the use of technology and remote work.
- Participant will gain knowledge as to identifying the client and clarifying the engagement through relevant hypotheticals.
- Session will present information regarding the ethical issues of alternative fees.
- Participant will gain understanding of how attorney competency applies to different aspects of the estate planning process. Can an attorney do something that he or she has never done before?
- Session will explore the evolving duties and ethical considerations related to technological competence and remote work.
- Participants will explore ethical duties related to client confidentiality and communications, among other concerns.
Presented by: Mary E. Vandenack
CLE: 1.0 Ethics credit (may also qualify for Technology credit)
Approved States: AR, CA, CO, GA, IL, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, TN, UT, VT
(AK, AZ, CT, ND, NH, TX eligible to claim credit. MO eligible to claim general credit only.)
We will supply you with the information needed to apply in other states.
Contact email@example.com for CLE assistance.
WealthCounsel members: This CLE eligible program is complimentary for WealthCounsel members. Please access and view it here via the member website for optimal experience and inclusion in your CLE Profile Account.