Tax Strategies For Estate And Trust Administration In A Volatile Market
Market volatility can be a disaster, a tremendous opportunity, or merely a distraction. The experienced investor of course understands this. Whether they have the insight or patience to navigate this from a finance perspective is another story – there are few “risk-free” opportunities. However, there are significant tax-related opportunities in a volatile market that incur no risk, but can capture significant benefits. Taking the time to understand and consider these strategies is a worthwhile endeavor. This 90-minute course will cover some of the best estate planning and estate administration ideas to save income and estate tax.
Specifically, this course will include:
- Gifting in a volatile market
- Late GST allocations and taxable distributions
- Grantor trust swaps
- The direct effect of changing interest rates on tax planning
- Installment sale opportunities
- Managing a concentrated position
- Wash sales and crypto
- Alternative valuation
- Estate administration disasters in a volatile market
- Basis of property acquired from a decedent
- Kenan gains and losses – overlooked issues
CLE: 1.50 general credit
Approved States: AR, CA, CO, GA, IL, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, TN, UT, VT
(AK, AZ, CT, MO, ND, NH, TX eligible to claim credit)
We will supply you with the information needed to apply in other states.
Contact email@example.com for CLE assistance.
WealthCounsel members: This CLE eligible program is complimentary for WealthCounsel members. Please access and view it here via the member website for optimal experience and inclusion in your CLE Profile Account.