Reducing Estate Tax: Strategies Every Planner Needs to Know
This presentation will demonstrate the economic benefits of lifetime gifting and will review key features of specific planning techniques including:
- The exclusion for medical and educational expenses
- Annual exclusion gifts and the various ways they can be used (UTMA and 529 accounts, 2503(c) trusts, GST exempt trusts)
- Insurance trusts and Crummey powers
- Gifting assets to grantor trusts Intra-family loans
- Family limited partnerships
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- State income taxation of trusts
Presented by: Stephen Liss
CLE: 1.0 general credit
Approved States: AR, CA, CO, GA, IL, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, TN, UT, VT
(AK, AZ, CT, MO, ND, NH, TX eligible to claim credit)
We will supply you with the information needed to apply in other states.
Contact email@example.com for CLE assistance.
WealthCounsel members: This CLE eligible program is complimentary for WealthCounsel members. Please access and view it here via the member website for optimal experience and inclusion in your CLE Profile Account.