Thriving in Estate Planning: Strategies and Opportunities in 2021
This session focuses on opportunities for estate planning practice development in light of 2021’s new administration. Presented by three of WealthCounsel's founders, Bill Conway, Stan Miller and Carl Waldman, the session will focus on a number of innovative and in some cases time-sensitive estate planning strategies that you should consider talking to your clients about. Topics covered will opportunities provided by:
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
- Installment Sales to Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts IDGTs
- Sales of FLPs to IDGTs
- Estate Planning with Irrevocable Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- Trust Restatements and Decanting
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts (SLATs)
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs) for Income Tax Planning
- Permanent Life Insurance
The speakers will also touch upon potential income and transfer tax law changes under the Biden Administration, as well as general implications of the current economic environment.
Presenters: Bill Conway, Stan Miller and Carl Waldman
CLE: 1.0 general credit
Approved States: AR, CA, CO, GA, IL, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, TN, UT, VT
(AK, AZ, CT, NH, TX eligible to claim credit)
We will supply you with the information needed to self-apply in other states.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for CLE assistance.
WealthCounsel members: This CLE eligible program is complimentary for WealthCounsel members. Please access and view it here via the member website for optimal experience and inclusion in your CLE Profile Account.