The Cyborgs are Coming! The Cyborgs are Coming! The Ethical Concerns with the Latest Technology Disruptions
Lots of speakers warn about the run-of-the-mill ethical concerns with technology, but only a select few understand the deep cuts— the cutting edge concerns that are shifting the practice of law and causing ethical headaches for sophisticated lawyers. Join “the CLE Performer” Stuart Teicher, Esq., as he explains both the expanding ethical pitfalls and the evolving ethical duties that lawyers face when using new technology. Attendees will learn about:
- The dangers that don’t get discussed like the paradigm shift being caused by Wikileaks and Snowden, and the pitfalls from the LinkedIn/Microsoft merger
- A few ethical words about Artificial Intelligence…in Plain English: Every tech guru tells you you need to understand artificial intelligence. But not a single one of them knows how it fits into the attorney ethics rules. (Rules 8.4, 5.3, 1.1)
- Phish-Hooked: The Ethical Implications of Getting Scammed Online. Whether it’s ransomware, bogus escrow agent arrangements, or fake disciplinary notices, lawyers need to be aware of the hustles being used to scam lawyers. Stuart helps clarify a lawyer’s obligations when they become a target of online trickery. (Helpful Bar opinions from Alaska #2016-1, Ohio #2016-8, DC Bar #371).
- How your personal tweets could cause conflicts that can cost the firm business
- The ethical implications of retweeting (Rule 4.1) and the pending terrorism criminal case that could have ethics implications for lawyers
Presented by: Stuart Teicher, JD
CLE: 1.0 ETHICS credit
Approved States: AR, CA, CO, GA, IL, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, TN, TX, UT, VT
(AK, AZ, CT, NH, eligible to claim credit)
We will supply you with the information needed to self-apply in other states.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for CLE assistance.
WealthCounsel members: This CLE eligible program is complimentary for WealthCounsel members. Please access and view it here via the member website for optimal experience and inclusion in your CLE Profile Account.